logo: The Methodist Church in Britain logo: Calderdale Methodist Circuit

Calderdale Methodist Circuit : West End, Queensbury, Methodist Church

West End, Queensbury, Bradford. BD13 2ES

Photo of West End

Streetmap

David Coggan, Senior Steward, has written:

The society at West End ceased to meet on 7 July 2013 -- the first worship in the building was on 7 July 1888. The building replaced the first on the site, which had opened some 70 years earlier. The final weekend was made up of a Victorian act of worship on Saturday in the style of worship at the time of opening, and Holy Communion on the Sunday. A thanksgiving meal had been held on 15 June. So ended the Methodist presence in Queensbury; at one time there were four Methodist Churches in addition to one Wesleyan Reform Church.

The society closed because of increasing expense which was unable to be met by the declining number of worshippers, and the burden of responsibility on those few willing to accept it. The people transferred to other churches in the circuit and to other denominations in the village.

A final Church Council with Holy Communion was held on 17 July 2013 under the direction of Rev Christine Perry.

The church furnishings have been offered to other churches and paper documents handed to the Circuit Office.

Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional

Valid CSS!